Here there are:
email no. 1:
From Madam Emily Adams
My name is Mrs. Emily Adams from Philippines I am married to Mr. Desmond Adams directors J.b Industries in COTE D'IVOIRE .We were married for 16 years without a child. He died after a Cardiac Arteries Operation. And Recently, My Doctor told me that I would not last for the next six months due to my cancer problem (cancer of the lever and stroke).
Before the death of my late husband last year there is this sum $4.5 Million Dollars that he deposited in a bank here In COTE D'IVOIRE. Presently this money is still in the bank here.
Now that I know the condition of my health I decided to donate this fund to any good God fearing brother or sister that will utilize this fund the way I am going to instruct herein.
I want somebody that will use this fund according to the desire of my late. Husband to help less privileged people, orphanages and widows.
I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this fund, And I don't want it in away this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision to hand you over this Fund.
I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I want you to always remember me in your daily prayers because of my up coming Cancer Surgery.
Write back as soon as possible, hoping to read from you ASAP.
God bless you,
Mrs. Emily Adams
What's weird in this email? Well, let's analyse it a bit.
1. The e-mail begins only with “from madam emily adams”. This clue tells the reader that the writer does not have the name of the recipient or any personal data about them.
2. Wrong spelling for "liver". Seriously?
3. I don't know you personally. Why on earth do you want to give me (random person) your money. ?
And then here is email no. 2:
Hello,Some people would feel happy when they receive this kind of email. But seriously, this is too good to be true. Why some "rich random people" want to give out their money to other "random people". Sounds too funny right. So, if you receive this email with the subject, just simply delete it. Don't response to the email. Your response might getting you into another trouble. Think about it.
My name is Angela Marshall; I work with Banebridge Consulting Limited. in England.
This is a standard process investigation concerning a client who shares the same name with you and the circumstances surrounding investments made by this client.
The aforementioned client had investments with The Royal Bank of Scotland, unfortunately, he died intestate.
The purpose of this communication with you is to inquire about the following;
- Do you have any relative whose last known contact address was Zurich, Switzerland?
- If yes, are you aware of any investment of considerable value made by such a person at The Royal Bank of Scotland?
- If yes to both of the above, can you establish beyond reasonable doubt your eligibility to assume status of next of kin to the deceased?
It is vital that you inform us whether or not you are familiar with this personality to enable us conclude our investigation.Thank you for accommodating our inquiries.
Banebridge Consulting Limited.